A collection of filmed interviews with theater legends — including Edward Albee — are available on iTunes.
As reported by ABC News, the Dramatists Guild Fund released six episodes of its two-part Legacy Project, which captures conversations between prominent and promising playwrights, composers, lyricists and librettists.
The iTunes haul will contain Sondheim talking with Adam Guettel, Tina Howe interviewed by Sarah Ruhl, Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty chatting with Andrew Lippa, Charles Fuller interviewed by Lynn Nottage, John Kander talking with Kirsten Childs, and Albee interviewed by Will Eno.
“We are thrilled to bring this collection of insights, wisdom, and advice from America’s most prominent dramatists to a wider audience through iTunes, making the series more accessible to academics, students and theater lovers across the country,” said the Fund’s executive director, Rachel Routh.
The six episodes, each about an hour, are currently available for rental for $4.99 or purchase at $14.99. They come from a two-box DVD, 20-interview set that previously sold for $200 each. More interviews will be released on iTunes at a later date.
For the original article, please visit the ABC News website.
To Rent or Purchase The Legacy Project: Edward Albee Interview Through iTunes:
- open the iTunes application on your computer
Note: if you do not have iTunes installed, visit Apple’s website to download the application. The “Download iTunes” button is located near the top right of the Web page. Install the application after downloading.
- in iTunes, visit the iTunes Store.
- in the search box (top right), type “the legacy project: edward albee”
- on the search results screen, click the product title, “The Legacy Project: Edward…”
- you will now be on the product page for the “The Legacy Project: Edward Albee.” From here you can read more information, watch a trailer, and buy or rent the interview.
Back to News